Generations Ashe Assisted Living and Memory Care is a unique, inter-generational community in the beautiful high country of North Carolina. Our 55-bed community, comprised of 31 Assisted Living and 24 Memory Care residents is located in West Jefferson, NC near the Blue Ridge Parkway and the New River. We are actively searching for an administrator to lead our compassionate group of care givers in providing superior care to our assisted living family. Come partner with us as we fulfill our mission of Connecting People, Embracing Challenges and Enriching Lives...from generation to generation.
Summary: Responsible for directing community operations in accordance with the policies, procedures, mission and philosophy of Generations Ashe. Lead and motivate employees in providing superior care and services to our residents, and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the operation and management of the community in accordance with the standards and guidelines of Generations Ashe as well as federal/state/local laws and regulations.
- Communicates and models a positive customer based relationship to the surrounding community, as well as with all family members, prospective members, and visitors.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and build relationships within the local area that drives businesses into the community, as well as effectively price the product, thereby maximizing top-line revenue growth and achieves appropriate market position.
- Develops a thorough working knowledge of state regulations, policies and procedures dictated for residents; ensures compliance.
- Ensures all resident administrative files are well maintained, current and in compliance with state regulations.
- Functional knowledge of all operating programs including memory care, clinical, dining and social programs.
- Assists fiscal officer in establishing an operating budget and maintain operations within that community budget.
- Reviews financial statements, implements plans of action for deficiencies.
- Manages key, non-labor operating costs in line with budgeted levels.
- Processes and submits monthly expenses and budget data timely per policies and internal business controls.
- Oversees all departments, maintaining full responsibility for efficient operations and compliance with the financial goals established in the approved operating budget.
- Provide an open door to employees, addressing employee concerns or grievances.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports as directed.
- Conduct performance appraisals with employees.
- Oversee employee training is implemented in accordance with community policy as well as state and federal guidelines.
- Assume on call responsibilities on a rotational basis and assign on-call responsibilities to other members of the leadership team.
- Make final decision on resident move-ins and move-outs based on well-being of the resident and in accordance with community policies and procedures.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Gerontology, Nursing, Social Work, Business Administration, Hospitality, Hospital Administration, or other related field, or other combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three years of managerial experience preferably in the senior living, health care or hospitality industries.
- Previous management experience including hiring, coaching, performance management, daily operations supervision and discipline.
- Current NC Assisted Living Administrator License or willingness to obtain within 6 months.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well.
Eligible team members are offered a comprehensive benefits package including
medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, retirement, paid time off, and paid