Address: 2220 Farmington Dr, Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Salary Range: PAY RANGE: $89,000.00 - $113,380.00 / year
To apply click here:
WHY Brookdale - Our culture of compassionate and caring extends to everyone, our associates, our residents and their families. Our cornerstones of passion courage, partnership and trust drive everything we do and come to life every day in our communities.
Brookdale Chapel Hill is luxury senior living in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
Chapel Hill Memory Care has been recognized by the NCDOH as providing the highest quality care with the highest star rating and score of all Memory Care providers in the area.
The qualified candidate must have a minimum of two years of experience as an Executive Director in the senior living industry in order to be considered for this position.
If you want to work in an environment where you can become your best possible self, join us! You’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to grow your career through professional development, as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall health and wellness.
Full suite of health insurance, life insurance and retirement plans are available and vary by employment status. Additional benefits offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
This is an incentive-based position, which may include bonuses, incentive or commission plans.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Please note, Brookdale is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccination.
To support our associates in their journey to become a U.S. citizen, Brookdale offers to advance fees for naturalization (Form N-400) application costs, up to $725, less applicable taxes and withholding, for qualified associates who have been with us for at least a year.
Leads the day-to-day operations of a larger community of 60-65 units and two product lines or 65-175 units with up to two product lines. Is responsible for the community’s associate relations, resident and resident family engagement and connection, financial performance, and regulatory compliance. Creates and executes the business plan and develops the team to become a preferred senior living community in the market, while growing revenue and profitability in partnership with the district team.
Works with sales to drive sales results. Creates an inclusive community culture that provides high quality resident experiences and care and engages residents, families, and associates.
- Responsible for all operations within the community, interacting with staff and residents, prospects, or their family members or representatives, as necessary.
- Develops and implements business plan to become a preferred senior living community in the local market and creates, analyzes, and executes annual operating and capital budgets; manages community performance against goals; sets plans to improve or maintain performance to Company service and financial standards.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with management team and encourages teamwork and collaboration; cultivates an inclusive community culture. Empowers department leaders to supervise, direct, and motivate staff and to proactively recognize and solve issues. Holds department leaders accountable for department performance. Provides assistance to leaders and staff as needed. Ensures community maintains appropriate staffing levels to meet the needs of residents and in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
- Supports department leaders to attract, develop, engage, and retain associates in accordance with Company policies.Responsible for recruiting and hiring high quality and engaged associates and ensuring they are appropriately trained and developed to meet the needs of residents. Reviews promotions, development plans, disciplinary actions, and termination decisions ensuring consistency in the selection and retention of quality associates. Analyzes trends and implements strategies to reduce turnover and increase retention.
- Builds high degree of resident satisfaction and retention. Is responsible for maintaining positive resident relations and is accessible and approachable to residents and their families. Is proactive in solving resident problems and resolving issues. Leads effort to leverage satisfied residents and families to grow community occupancy; executes renewal program with existing residents. Partners with Resident Council as necessary. Administers resident satisfaction and other surveys and works with department leaders and district team to create plan to address opportunities for improvement in resident satisfaction, experience, and engagement.
- For assisted living or memory care communities, ensures collaborative relationship with community clinical leader to ensure community’s care and services are appropriate to meet the needs of residents. Oversees resident services including the admission process, healthcare management, and maintenance of resident documentation to ensure high quality services and compliance with Company policy and applicable legal requirements. Empowers department leaders to demonstrate the same for their area. Ensures service plan reviews are conducted, consistent with applicable
legal requirements, with appropriate clinical care team members and resident families to maintain the personal dignity of residents.
- Demonstrates a high degree of financial acumen as it relates to community operations. Analyzes, develops, and executes annual operating and capital budgets; works to meet or exceed budgeted revenue, profitability, and occupancy goals. Proactively creates plans to overcome unanticipated expenses or revenue shortfalls. Continually explores means of revenue enhancement and expense reduction, while meeting the needs of residents and adhering to Company policies and applicable regulations.
- Drives sales and marketing efforts in collaboration with the community sales leader to meet or exceed occupancy or revenue targets by developing new business, generating leads, and building strategic relationships. Engages with prospects who tour the community. Identifies trends and works with sales leader to implement approved sales and marketing activities and strategies to maximize revenue (RevPAR).
- Identifies and builds positive relationships with local influencers and professionals to raise community profile. Becomes active in social and civic affairs of the local community that align with the Company’s mission. Represents the community and the Company to governmental agencies (as appropriate), professional organizations, community groups, and other appropriate public agencies and groups.
- Ensures buildings, grounds, and property are up to Company standards through the oversight of preventative maintenance systems and programs and frequent inspections that meet Company standards of excellence.
- Enforces current Company policies and procedures. Maintains applicable licenses in accordance with Company, Federal, State, and local requirements.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree required. Minimum of three years related in operational leadership experience required. Additional years of experience can be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must have a valid administrator license in states where required. Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a private vehicle for business use.
Uses strong analytic skills and an in-depth understanding of the organization and the business in order to handle arising problems and issues. Demonstrates leadership ability to be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of resident care, marketing, food service, housekeeping, and maintenance units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities, including managing department leaders, in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws.
Knowledge and Skills
Has an advanced knowledge of the organization, industry, and a functional discipline. Extensive understanding of technical areas gained through experience and used to complete and/or oversee assignments. Familiarity with Microsoft software preferred. Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential. Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks is essential. Ability to delegate assignments to the appropriate individuals based on their skills, roles, and interests. Success in driving results. Successfully demonstrates good judgment, strong problem solving, and decision making skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
- Requires Driving: Drives self (Tier 2)
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.