Forest Heights Senior Living Community is a beautiful community in Winston-Salem, NC, with more than 110 units offering assisted living and Alzheimer's care.
We are actively seeking an Executive Director to add to our team. The Executive Director is responsible for providing comprehensive leadership for a senior living community in operational management, goal setting and long-term growth. The Executive Director leads a team of team members with a positive, open-door atmosphere and effective communication, leading by example and ensuring outstanding attention to detail in resident care and wellbeing. The ED will be accountable for staff management, staff training and development, resident and family experience and satisfaction, resident occupancy management, regulatory and budget compliance, community leadership and sales and marketing activities to meet or exceed occupancy and revenue targets. The Executive Director actively promotes Five Star’s mission, philosophies, and values in all daily interactions with team members, residents, and families.
What You’ll Do
Ongoing Community Management and Communication
- Partners with regional, divisional, and corporate leadership on short and long-term planning for the community, including supporting and implementation of change management initiatives.
- Responsible for hiring, training, coaching, developing and motivating team members across all functional areas, while providing regular performance feedback.
- Assess and manage staffing levels appropriate to occupancy to ensure needs of community and residents are met while adhering to budgetary requirements / fiscal health of the community.
- Partners and consults with regional and divisional Human Resources regarding team member related matters including performance, disciplinary and termination matters to align with Five Star policies.
- Keeps Regional Director of Operations informed of activities, needs and problems.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations applicable to the facility and works with department heads or corporate legal as needed.
- Prepares and presents reports as required by regulatory agencies and the Five Star corporate
Resident Experience Oversight
- Ensures a positive resident experience by building relationships with residents and setting exceptional standards for team performance.
- Fosters a smooth functioning, efficient operation through the timely and effective resolution of grievances from residents, families and/or staff.
What You’ll Bring
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree and Administrator’s license/certification per state requirements.
- Passion for working with seniors.
- Prior experience as a General Manager, Executive Director, or Administrator within the health care industry.
- Demonstrated management experience with direct supervision of a team of at least 10, including hiring, coaching, performance management, and daily operations supervision.
- Demonstrated financial acumen, including deep familiarity with financial reporting, P&L statements, labor modeling and controlling EBITDA.
- Experience in sales and marketing, identifying and building local relationships to drive business.
- Computer proficiency, knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products, and Adobe Acrobat.
Please connect directly with Wendy Ruiter, Director of Talent Attraction and Acquisition for Career Opportunities at email@example.com