Executive Director - Summit Place of Southpark
Summit Place at South Park is a beautiful community in Charlotte, NC, with more than 120 units offering assisted living and Alzheimer's care.
The Executive Director is responsible for providing comprehensive leadership for a senior living community in operational management, goal setting and long-term growth. The Executive Director leads a team of employees with a positive, open-door atmosphere and effective communication, leading by example and ensuring outstanding attention to detail in resident care and wellbeing. The ED is accountable for staff management, development and engagement, resident and family satisfaction, resident occupancy levels, regulatory and budget compliance, and sales and marketing activities in order to meet or exceed occupancy and revenue targets. The Executive Director actively promotes Five Star’s mission, philosophies and values in all daily interactions with employees, residents and families.
- Partners with regional, divisional and corporate leadership on short and long term planning for the community, including supporting and implementation of change management initiatives.
- Responsible for hiring, training, coaching, developing and motivating employees across all functional areas, while providing regular performance feedback.
- Ensures sounds fiscal management of the community through the development, management and adherence to the budget; completion of timely, accurate and comprehensive fiscal reports; approval of capital expenditures; ensures the collection of rents and other monies due; and ensures the submission of payments to corporate AP
- Ensures that employees are hired and screened in line with company policy and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Enhances and drives resident and engagement and retention.
- Partners and consults with regional and divisional Human Resources regarding employee related matters including performance, disciplinary and termination matters to align with Five Star policies.
- Assess and manage staffing levels appropriate to occupancy to ensure needs of community and residents are met while adhering to budgetary requirements / fiscal health of the community.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations applicable to the facility and works with department heads or corporate legal as needed.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies governing the community by continually monitoring the operation of each service area and making changes as needed.
- Ensures a positive resident experience by building relationships with residents and setting exceptional standards for team performance.
- Fosters a smooth functioning, efficient operation through the timely and effective resolution of grievances from residents, families and/or staff.
- Prepares and presents reports as required by regulatory agencies and the Five Star corporate
- Serves as a key partner in driving sales and occupancy in the community; in smaller communities may be directly accountable for sales activities; partners with Regional Sales and Marketing Directors to understand competitive environment and drive sales.
- Keeps Regional Director of Operations informed of activities, needs and problems.
- Responsible for monitoring building and facilities needs to ensure safety and a pleasant living experience for residents.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Regional Director of Operations.
Skill, Ability and Knowledge
- Passion for working with seniors,
- Bachelor’s degree and Administrator’s license/certification per state requirements.
- Prior experience as a General Manager, Executive Director or Administrator within the health care industry.
- Demonstrated management experience with direct supervision of a team of at least 10, including hiring, coaching, performance management, and daily operations supervision.
- Demonstrated financial acumen, including deep familiarity with financial reporting, P&L statements, labor modeling and controlling EBITDA.
- Experience in sales and marketing, identifying and building local relationships to drive business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to facilitate small group presentations.
- Proven ability to effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Computer proficiency, especially Microsoft Excel, Word, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Resident Experience
- Community Leadership
- Financial Management
- Occupancy Management
- Team Management
This job description represents an overview of some of the responsibilities that are essential to the function and qualifications of the position. This job description is not intended to be, nor is it, an exhaustive list of all of the responsibilities required.
Business Office Manager - Senior Living
ALF Contract Surveyors - ACHC
ACHC is currently recruiting Assisted Living Contract Surveyors to conduct surveys in accordance with their qualifications for our Assisted Living facilities and programs. The Surveyor assists with standards’ interpretation for customers and Accreditation staff and performs documentation review for related surveys as needed.
- Conducts new and renewal accreditation surveys adhering to all ACHC protocols.
- Provides best practice recommendations in accordance with evidence-based practice.
- Completes accurate and timely desk reviews.
- Provides standards’ interpretation for customers and accreditation department staff.
- Reviews survey documentation for accreditation staff as needed.
- Prepares and distributes correspondence as directed by following established procedures or by following specific instructions.
- Conducts complaint and focus surveys.
- Registered Nurse with active, unencumbered license required. Assisted Living Administrators License preferred.
- Five years of industry specific experience which includes experience in Assisted Living Facility administration, and quality assurance oversight including development and implementation of plans of correction.
- Extensive knowledge of Assisted Living regulations a must.
- Solid experience in interpreting Assisted Living state licensure rules.
- Experience working with computer systems with proficient use of Microsoft Office and database programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to
collaborate with staff and other Surveyors
- Minimum of 1 Survey required per month; survey durations are 1-3 days
- Ability to travel frequently via car and plane
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
**To be considered, please send a current resume to: email@example.com.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Multiple Locations, Spring Arbor Senior Living
Other Career Centers
Here are some other resources to help with your job search:
- Careers at Atria Senior Living
- Brookdale Senior Living
- Cadence Senior Living
- Enlivant Senior Living
- Five Star Senior Living
- Spring Arbor Senior Living
- Kisco Senior Living
- Ridge Care
- Senior Lifestyle
- Senior Living Communities
- Sunrise Senior Living
- Singh Senior Living-Waltonwood Communities
How To Post an Ad
NCALA members hiring for any level of staff may post job ads here as a free member benefit. To post an opening, simply e-mail the text of your ad to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-members may post ads for $50/30 days. If you are a non-member and would like to post an ad to the NCALA Career Center, you can pay for your ad here.
Take a look above at existing ads to see what sort of information to provide. At a minimum, you should list any pre-requisites, give a location for the job, and provide a method for applying for the position.